Thursday, October 04, 2007

Café Philos Wins Intellectual Blogger Award!

Very recently, Mahendra over at An Unquiet Mind absolutely stunned me by granting Café Philos the Intellectual Blogger Award.

I confess I've secretly coveted the Award ever since I first saw it displayed on Nita's site. But being the dense person that I am at times, I didn't realize that Mahendra himself had created the Award until he granted it to me in this post.

Have you ever gotten something you really wanted but didn't think you had a shot at? If so, then perhaps you can imagine my astonishment at being granted the Intellectual Blogger Award -- and by no less than the creator of the Award himself! I've been walking on air for a week!

Mahendra describes the purpose of the Award thus:

This award is intended for those bloggers who demonstrate an inclination to think on their own. This is what I think is needed in today’s blogosphere. The term ‘Intellectual’ has often been derided in recent times, and this is one way to resurrect the true meaning: “An intellectual is one who tries to use his or her intellect to work, study, reflect, speculate on, or ask and answer questions with regard to a variety of different ideas.”
And he gives the simple rules here:
  1. If, and only if, you get tagged, write a post with nominations for 5 blogs that you think are of “Intellectual Bloggers”.
  2. Optional: Link to this page so that people can easily find the exact origin of the meme.
  3. Optional: Proudly display the ‘Intellectual Blogger Award’ with a link to the post that you wrote.
So, it is now my duty to tag five other bloggers with this wonderful Award. I have already decided on three of them, and will give each a brief separate post to follow this one.

Thank you so much, Mahendra for the honor you do me.

UPDATE:

Tags:

Ed Yong at "Not Exactly Rocket Science" tagged here.

Eric Micheal Johnson at "The Primate Diaries" tagged here.

Hume's Ghost at "The Daily Doubter" tagged here.

Amuirin at "Stop and Wander" tagged here.

Mark at "There's No One Driving the Plane!" tagged here.

7 comments:

Unknown said...

Congratulations, Paul! That's wonderful!

makita said...

Congratulations Paul, how exciting!

TBWTBE said...

I don't know who you are but you're fun to read :)

stevo said...

You deserve it.

Webs said...

I can't think of anyone more desearving!

Anonymous said...

congrats. :)

Paul Sunstone said...

Thank you for your kind words, everyone! They are deeply appreciated!

Hi AJG! Welcome to the blog!